Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 24: Reserva, again


This time I did risk my camera, as it was raining steadily. I was walking to those trees to find some foreground interest for this sunset, when I noticed how this path mirrored the orange clouds perfectly. Later I started shooting close to the kiosk behind those trees, when a man dressed in his undies stepped out. He showed me this handwritten pamphlet about how the New Era had started with Barack Obama, and how he would save the Amazon and more or less the rest of the world. Since I obviously was an alternative journalist he felt I was the right person to share his ideas and wild enthousiasm. I did think about taking his photograph but didn't have the heart.

iso: 800
ss: 1/160
ap: f/7.1

6 comments:

  1. Wow! This is superb! Lovely colours and whilst they are bright and vivid in one sense, they are also subtle and delicate in another. This is simple awesome and the reflection of the light on the wet path, and the way the path and clouds make that lovely bendy 'S' through the frame - it's just magnificent. Very good job.
    And I think it would have been interesting and quirky to see a mad activist in his underpants! What a cool and surreal experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot... love the colors in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a painting! I love the warm hues with the pinkish cast, looks very dreamy. The risk with your camera was well worth the shot. Very well done! Six more beach shots left to see... I'm sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely shot. Your work leaves me shaking my head in wonder. You live in a beautiful place and obviously have a great camera but I think hand in hand with that must go talent which you obviously have. A very very nice addition to your gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite of your beach scenes so far, I love sunsets so this makes me want to scream. (joking)
    It's gorgeous and the way you composed it is simply stunning. I love the soft orange/brown in the rain swept steps, it takes this from beautiful to awesome.
    (sighs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another perfect shot well done mate

    ReplyDelete