Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 22: In Rainbows


Ok, the title is a cheap Radiohead rip-off, but those rainbows were full semi-circles that were just too big for my 17mm lens (oh full frame, where art thou?). They surprised me too, as I stopped my car to shoot the beautiful sunset that was going on on the other side. I'll keep that for a future 'cliche contest'. This is Praia da Reserva again. I was on my way back from a canceled photography course when I saw the sky open up big time. If it weren't for the course, I wouldn't have been in time to shoot the rainbows nor the sunset.

By the way, for those of you who don't believe that it can rain here too: here are some photos from yesterday's local paper.

iso: 400
ss: 1/125
ap: f/5

8 comments:

  1. I love love love this shot. Double rainbows! The pastel sky works so well with the sandy shore, too. I'll just sit here and gaze at your shot for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I was scrolling down to my post, and came to your thumbnail, and I was like...WHOA! I gotta go comment. Tee Hee!
    This is truly lovely!! Im so glad your photography class got canceled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw so perty a double rainbow and the beach being deserted makes it feel more spacey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty impressive if you ask me and great composition too. And that rain was pretty impressive too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's gorgeous. The colours are stunning and a double rainbow is simply lovely. The beautiful pastels and the line of the wave edges that wash up the beach are just wonderful. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My! This has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! Your capture and composition are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is a wonderful shot but i ask were you a student or were you the teacher that canceled the class on account of a photo opportunity.

    ReplyDelete